1994-95? austroflamm wega

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wega

Dec 14, 2014
Upstate Ny
So last year I replaced the combustion motor. Seem to burn fine. Got rid of the lazy flame. This season Ive been battling the lazy flame again. Burn pot is full not burning down well. Replaced the door and window gaskets yesterday, Still not good. Going to get the ash door gasket today. Its pretty clean. Chimney and all. What else should I be looking for?? Any help???

Well, cleanliness is the beginning. As your stove is older, it may be getting "plugged up" inside. There is no easy to clean removable plates, from the front, like an Integra. When you take out the "fire brick" inside the fire box, there is little access, if I remember right? So, the flames/gasses go up, over the welded in plate, then down the back, into the exhaust passage. Some stoves have small removable plates to access this area. Don't think yours does. The leaf blower trick may work well for you. If not handy, you may have to remove the exhaust blower, remove the blower housing, so you can get up in there, and you may have to take a mallet and hammer on the inside of the firebox, behind those removable fire brick/plates. Carrying it outside and using hi pressure air is always good, but hard with that stove, it is heavy. If you are abosolutly sure stove is very clean, including the intake and exhaust, then your control boxes may be dying.

Hmmmm. I have had the fire brick plates out. No access behind those anywhere I remember. I have never taken the blow assembly off it before to clean it out. May have to try that. Could you explain what the control boxes are you mentioned. I am pretty handy maybe I missed something when I cleaned it. Just replaced the ash door seal. up and running as this next storm hits. Next nice day I may have to drag it outside for the high pressure blow out you mention.

You have a control panel, and a control box, the brain. Not really anything serviceable,per say, but is old enough that some capacitors may be dying, and going out of spec. There still is a guy that repairs them.

Reactions: wega
ahhh I got ya. Didn't even think about capacitor's wearing out. Its been a great stove. Thanks for the help. I may have to reach out and get the board over hauled.

Mt Bob I know the center glass is not sealed at the top for the air wash. Are the 2 side panel top supposed to be sealed or open? It is burning much better now that I have done the ash pan gasket.

I don't remember. but pretty sure open all 3. Should be a thread on here somewhere, same as an Integra.

Does anyone make a stove that performs like these old stoves. I've read a lot on here last week or so. Seems like so much electronic stuff in all the new stoves. More parts to go wrong..

Mines back and running and burning great. Took out the seals on the 2 side windows and put new gasket on the exhaust motor a;so new gasket on the ash door. It has been burning great since Christmas day. No more lazy flame and filling the burn pot with pellets. Thanks for the help.