1ST burn with fresh air kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalea

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
Hello all,so here it is, yesterday was a cool day in CT so I fired up the pellet stove and did my first burn with my new direct vent fresh air kit. I have to say it was very pleasing. 25lbs of pellets lasted for about 22 hours.Heat output was set to low and it warmed the entire house,granted it isnt winter yet and the pellets I used were in garage for a year.But I think this will work very well.

Sounds good to me. I used to burn a Jamestown, and while there was nothing revolutionary or wild about it, it was a VERY reliable stove and never gave us even a hick-up in 6 years of heating. No blowers, motors, anything. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one in a heart beat, assuming the quality that was there about 10 years ago is still there today.

Ya its a nice stove.I also bought the full view door upgrade so now I have more glass.Makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.