2 story great room with fireplace - recommendation sought

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't see a lot of ZC fireplaces here and the FP30 is still kind of new (about 3 years on the market). As far as I know, it has the same firebox as the PE Summit which many people here own (and love) as their stove or insert. Have you tried a forum search? I think one or two members installed one. You could open a conversation with them and they may respond.

We have pretty much settled on the Pacific Energy FP30. The stove runs $3200 from my dealer (with a $300 coupon from manufacturer). With 24 feet of stainless pipe plus some additional support, the chimney caps a $750 installation fee and $100 shipping and $100 chase insulation and stainless steel chase flashing, the grand total comes out to around $6200.

Any thoughts?

I believe we should save about $1000 annually in electric/propane cost plus have the home a lot more comfortable in the winter.

Sounds typical for ZC FP installation costs. You should see a good reduction in other heating costs as well as an increase in comfort and the enjoyment of a nice fire view. Take pictures as it goes in and of course, when there's FIRE! :ZZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.