2002 Harman accentra free standing 2 blink code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cjtown

Oct 23, 2019
Spokane
I bought a used Harman accentra 2002 free standing model. Serial code number 1278. Have replaced the door, window and hopper gaskets. The feed motor and exhaust motors were failing so it was replaced with OEM Harman parts. Circuit board was also replaced. Have now been having consistent 2 blink code at the same time...stove will go through ignition sequence with what appears to me to be a good flame characteristics. The stove ignitor light will discontinue and the feed motor/light will cycle on and off. The distribution light/motor will come on and around this time, the 2 blink light will come on. I have cleaned the stove from head to toe. Cleaned the fines compartment. Then gasket is thin but intact and have made sure the wing nuts are tightened. Have replaced the vacuum sensor. I have put 3m fire sealant around the base of the stove and cabinet seal inside burn area. The tubing coming off the sensor allow air to go through it. The esp sensor is new. it is a black ESP. After it cools down for about 20 minutes the status light will turn solid and the feed motor/light will cycle on and off and try to continue. Have run out of ideas. Help?

Last edited:
A 2 blink status light error signifies that the stove's pressure switch has failed to close the electrical contacts of the switch or that the contacts were closed and an event caused the contacts to open.
Combustion blower fault-vac switch defective, vac hose unplugged
from firebox or hose has a hole or plugged

Thanks for the input. The combustion blower is new. The vac hose is snug onto the vacuum switch and don't note hole on the hose up to the point the at is goes into the metal tube inside stove. I'm able to blow air through the hose if I detach at the vacuum sensor.

By cleaned stove head to toe I’m sure you mean you took out the baffles, fire pot clean out, and combustion blower cover and brushed your pipe out? Also, did you set the board dip switches when you replaced it? Is the air intake flapper moving freely and are you sure nothing is inside the intake blocking it up. Might be due for a new fire pot gasket though they usually won’t light when that’s the problem.

Thanks for the response. By baffles...the removable ones above the combustion blower cover? If yes, then I did. the exhaust pipe is clean and ESP is new/clean. Fire pot is clean along with each hole in the pot. Did set the dip switches per setting given. Turned #5 off since I have a black ESP. Intake flapper is moving freely and clean through to the igniter. Would expect the fire pot gasket is original but not sure. Does the arbor for the exhaust motor that holds the fan need to be tightly fitting into the opening that it goes though in the back of the stove? The opening is larger then the arbor with a 1/32 gap possibly....no gasket or bushing needed around the arbor of the exhaust motor? The technicians at Earth Sense didn't see this as an issue. Pulled the vacuum sensor tubing partially out. The tubing is hardened but didn't see any cracks or holes. I'm able to blow air through it. Didn't want to pull all the way out due to perceived difficulty to put back in. Should this pull out easily or should it be snug into the opening in sheet metal that leads to air wash metal tube? There is no RTV sealant noted around the insertion point of this tubing. How far should vacuum switch tube go into that metal tubing?

To be honest I’ve always left that end of the tubing alone and just blown can air from the switch end. They quit making them like that quite a while ago but I would say if your sure it’s on the tube your safe. The shaft has to be able to spin so it shouldn’t be tight. I’m out of suggestions but if it burns clean with the vs jumped I’d say it’s a problem with where the vacuum line hooks into the stove. I’m not sure if that unscrews on the inside of the stove or not...

Thanks for the response. The silicone hose slides into a round opening and drops into the metal tubing that leads to the air wash.

Is there a squarish piece in the ash pan area on the left that is tied to it? I’ve never seen one that just fed into the air wash...

The silicone tubing slides into a flexible pipe to the left of the ash pan at the bottom of the firebox then curves up and attaches to the air wash assembly. The silicone tubing sits inside of this.

I’d like to see pictures of the front and back. I think I’ve seen ones like that before but it’s been a minute