New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) 2003-04 Prices: Western Mass, Brattleboro, Vt, Keene, NH areas:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sandpipe

Burning Hunk
Feb 24, 2010
Massachusetts
Made a few calls and here are some prices per ton for the areas mentioned:

Energex softwood: $369
Okanagan $389
Northern Warmth $509
Wood & Sons $375
Maine Blend $365
Maine Softwood $376
La Crete (60 bags) $509 (equals $424 per 50 bag pallet)
Green Supreme Blend $329 (at TSC)

Last edited:
Are any of those prices from Hamshaw Lumber? Interesting that my local Aubuchons is showing the same price per ton for the Okies here in the triangle of doom (30 miles from any decent sized city).

Are any of those prices from Hamshaw Lumber? Interesting that my local Aubuchons is showing the same price per ton for the Okies here in the triangle of doom (30 miles from any decent sized city).
The Northern Warmth, La Crete, Energex and Okanagan prices are from Hamshaw in Keene.

Reactions: bogieb
The Northern Warmth, La Crete, Energex and Okanagan prices are from Hamshaw in Keene.
Hamshaw lumber has the annual labor sale for wood pellets. $10 off per ton.

Lignestics $325
New england wood pellet $335
Cubex $355
Energex $359
Okanagan $379
Lecrete $445

Delivery fee is $30

I just paid 389 for Okanogan at Aubachons in Greenfield. They had Green Supreme for 329
Have you tried out the Okanogans yet? Any opinion compared to other pellets you've used as far as heat output and ash?

$349 for Green Supreme Home depot Danvers MA . I'm not sure if its worthwhile to burn pellets at this price. I'll have to check out the calculator vs running our mini splits

img_9258.jpg

$349 for Green Supreme Home depot Danvers MA . I'm not sure if its worthwhile to burn pellets at this price. I'll have to check out the calculator vs running our mini splits

img_9258.jpg
Never seen Green surpreme premium Plus 8400 btu might be worth trying a few bags.

Never seen Green surpreme premium Plus 8400 btu might be worth trying a few bags.

Be careful how you read that - it is "up to" 8,400 btu. So it could be 8,100 btu on average.

Not saying not to try them, just I would go into it not having high expectations.

img_9258.jpg
Ton I tried 2 years ago were nothing to write home about. Decent heat, but kinda dirty ash. Don't come close to Somersets, which is what I compare all mid level hardwood pellets too.