2004 Quad Castille question..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Hi all, first time on this forum. I have a '04 Castille, and during a recent move, have lost the owners manual. Quad's web site kinda sucks, and haven't been able to locate a manual to download. Dealer is 1.5 hours away, so does anyone know of a link to down-load the manual? My concerns are end of season cleaning, and I mean a thorough cleaning. I don't know what needs to be taken apart. BTW, Love the Castille, 99% flawless operation for 5 years, heating 780 sq. ft.

In general, all pellet stoves need the following cleaned thoroughly after each ton or so of pellets, and always at the end of the burning season:

Combustion blower
Convection blower
Heat exchanger system
All ash traps
All exhaust pipe
Firebox
Burnpot

here's the owners manual...wasn't hard to find at all:

http://www.quadrafire.com/~/media/Files/Quadrafire/Installation Manuals/man_castile.ashx

NOTE: OK, now I'm getting annoyed.. :mad: ..the above link doesn't copy & paste right, so just go to the quad website, locate the castile stove page, and click on the button that says "Product details"....you'll see the link for the manual on the right side of that page.

Thanks for the response, imacman. So.... I went back to Quad's site, still no result. I tried it at work several times, and now at home, but something is amiss. It's probably me, but I can't seem to negotiate their site. Blank slate, me or it, doesn't matter 'cause I can't download the manual. I clean almost everything you've listed, with the exception of the firebox. The cover plate below the heat exchanger tubes is easy enough, and removed for cleaning . But what about the backer plate? I admit, that single allen head screw made me wonder what else it was tied into, hence it's never been removed. Nor has the backer plate. I'll bet there is 5 yrs. worth of fly ash behind that sucker, but I've not had any problem with the stove to make me want to try and remove it(if it 'aint broke...)

Thanks Dave, recieved and printed out. To everyone else, Dave is THE Man! Thanks again, JB

Status
Not open for further replies.