2006 Breckwell Big E backing up HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clincoln007

Oct 11, 2014
mass
I have a breckwell big e I bought used. It runs great and i have vleaned the beajezus out of it but after 2 days on 1 or 2 the pellets start to back up. On 3 or 4 they back up to the point of clogging the chute. Ive looked inside and I do have the bafgle plates installed, could that be causing the back ip? Can I remove them? I have the stove coming right through the wall with one of the chkmney kits from lowes. Any ideas on how to make this stop happening?

I have a breckwell big e I bought used. It runs great and i have vleaned the beajezus out of it but after 2 days on 1 or 2 the pellets start to back up. On 3 or 4 they back up to the point of clogging the chute. Ive looked inside and I do have the bafgle plates installed, could that be causing the back ip? Can I remove them? I have the stove coming right through the wall with one of the chkmney kits from lowes. Any ideas on how to make this stop happening?

What pellets are you using and did you clean behind small doors.Yes you can remove baffle plates l would try removing one first probably left side and check your feed rate hope this helps.if you do not have owners manual you can go on line and print one. I would try another pellet and see if it's better you should stir pot once a day or remove some ash with lower grade pellets.

Yea I cleaned out behind the doors and up inside where the baffle plates are. Do the plates restrict airflow?
Yes they slow the airflow going out the exhaust to fast. I have 2006 big E and mine did not have baffle plates and my flame was leaning to the right so I made baffle plates and installed the one on right side and flame straightened up.

My flame is definately straight...i may try it without the left baffle first
What pellets you burning? When I burnt cheaper pellets they did seem to fill up burn pot and not burn completely burning penwood pellets now and can burn couple days without cleaning or stirring burn pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.