Breckwell Big E Fan But no Lights

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pelletstoveowner73

Feb 8, 2024
Connecticut, USA
I just bought a used Breckwell Big E and hooked it up last week. I was only ran it for ~ an hour but it seemed to work fine. It lit up and warmed the house up pretty quickly. I then went on vacation for a week. When I got back, I cleaned the chimney (before even trying to turn it back on).

When I went to use it today, it seems like it's not getting any power. If I unplug it and plug it back in, the convection blower will kick in for ~ 3 seconds, but I don't get anything other than that. I checked the fuse on the control board with a multimeter, and it seems to be fine.

Any thoughts on what might be going on here? I'd think that if it was something like a bad sensor, I'd still get lights on the control board, but i'm not very familiar with this unit so I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious.

I appreciate any help! Thanks

i would bet you had a power surge while you were gone and it fried the board, or like me a blower seized up and created a serge and fried the board..

Reactions: Don2222 and johneh