2008 Enviro Omega - Reduced Heat Level

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Clamjuice

Jan 26, 2021
Quakertown
Hi Folks,
Hoping someone here can help me with an issue I am having with the heat output from my Enviro Omega. I am the original owner of this stove for 13 years. Until this year, I have done nothing but clean the stove EVERY year (and every 1 ton of pellets) and replace a few agitators and burn pots/liners. This year, I replaced the 120ºF (49ºC) Ceramic Fan Temp Sensor (Part EC-001) and the Auger Motor - 115V (1 RPM) (Part EF-001 ). Now, I am 100% positive that, after replacing the auger motor, the stove has NOT been producing the same heat it was BEFORE I had to replace that motor. I purchased the motor through a reputable service repair tech who has been servicing my stove for 10 years. He knows this stove! However, I am wondering if maybe we installed the incorrect auger motor? Could we have installed something incorrectly? The stove is working fine, otherwise, but I have NEVER had that stove running above setting 3 (I am not kidding) and now I am running on 5 and it is barely producing the heat it was producing on setting 2. Any ideas?

Sounds like you have a 2 rpm motor instead of a 3 rpm. That would cut pellets

Well honestly i thought the omega used a lot of the same parts as the maxx but the tech manual does say its a 1 rpm. Do you still have the old motor. Plug into outlet and check the rotation

Pellet quality has something to do with this, too. I'm not getting the same yield from the pellets this year as in the past two years, not to mention a lot more ash.