2008 Jotul F400 Problems...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Wow, I ran one for 12 years; removed the shipping bolts on day one and found it easy to maintain. If I could have gotten longer burn times I would still be burning it.

Yes, we loved our Castine. I didn't find it particularly hard to maintain. It is a good looking burner, especially in the blue black enamel, but I too went for longer burns and a bigger stove belly. No regrets.

No Bolts= No Problem.
I too would gladly go get your F400.

how did any of you get the baffle latches to rotate/twist forward? although i've seen some whose have hex bolts in pics, mine are flat and almost flush like in the attached picture. I've tried to yank the latches with different wrenches, hit with a hammer, etc. to no avail. Any tips most appreciated...

image.jpg

how did any of you get the baffle latches to rotate/twist forward? although i've seen some whose have hex bolts in pics, mine are flat and almost flush like in the attached picture. I've tried to yank the latches with different wrenches, hit with a hammer, etc. to no avail. Any tips most appreciated...

View attachment 298346
I just tap them with a hammer or a split

mine were tight but i think i used a wrench to grab them or a screwdriver to lever them open. When i rotated them closed tight again they were very tight and had to tap them with a hammer.