2016 Harman Accentra-2 Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JinAK

Dec 16, 2018
Valdez, Alaska
Greetings all, First time pellet stove owner going into the third winter of use on our free standing Harman Accentra. I have been chasing around a 6-Blink error for the last week. Cleaned everything, Youtube'd everything and tried to get it fixed. I came across a little box in the manual that talked about cleaning the low draft sensor that is located in the hopper. I guess it is also called the muffler. Anyway, the manual says this thing might need to be cleaned or it can set off a 6 blink.

Well here is where I get into trouble and still haven't even chased down the error code yet. The manual doesn't talk about HOW to clean but just to clean it. Well I have no idea what this thing even is so in my infinite wisdom I would figure I should just see if it unscrews then I will clean it. Well it unscrews...unfortunately the fitting and hose on the bottom was not secured to the underside of the hopper so it just dropped off and now there is no way I can re attach it. No way to get a hand in there and no more panels can be removed. The whole stove seems riveted together!

Is there a way to remove one of the side iron pieces from the stove? Would I drill some back panel rivets out?

This sucks because I now once I fix it I will still have the main issue to deal with. I hate self inflicted pain.

Thanks

Mine doesn't have one. A deep cleaning including a sweep of all the venting eliminates the 6 blink error on my stove.

Reactions: glockshooter
Well,i have never seen one in an Accentra,perhaps take a picture of inside the hopper where it mounts?If you need to temporarily run stove,you could bypass the vac. switch with a jumper wire,but always be at home when it is running,for safety.

Uggghhhh! It seems this is something recently added to the Accentra-2 since mine does not have one. My next thought is to call the local Harman dealer if there is one near you. You might also try calling Harman directly since you may be hundreds of miles from a dealer.

Well,i have never seen one in an Accentra,perhaps take a picture of inside the hopper where it mounts?If you need to temporarily run stove,you could bypass the vac. switch with a jumper wire,but always be at home when it is running,for safety.

Here is what it look like in the hopper. Then the hole after I unscrewed it. The backer and hose fell down underneath the hopper and there is no way to get a hand in there to re install. Lame

Attachments

• E11C2AB8-A0BA-4DC1-82E3-9038289495E8.jpeg
    E11C2AB8-A0BA-4DC1-82E3-9038289495E8.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 164
  • E79BC6E5-F364-4062-AF00-CFB644205DEC.jpeg
    E79BC6E5-F364-4062-AF00-CFB644205DEC.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 162
Well that sucks.BTW to clean that,you unhook the hose off the switch and blow back through.Well,if I was doing this-the plate above comes off,is just a plate and gasket.I would run a lightweight mechanics wire down the round hole to where I could get to it.Screw a sheet metal screw into the fitting,gently,not real tight.Wrap wire around this screw,pull up into place.Go through the plate access and hold into place,however possible,bent pliers,bent screwdriver,magic fingers,etc,remove wire and screw,and screw filter back in.BTW,what is the date stamped on the back of your stove?

Well that sucks.BTW to clean that,you unhook the hose off the switch and blow back through.Well,if I was doing this-the plate above comes off,is just a plate and gasket.I would run a lightweight mechanics wire down the round hole to where I could get to it.Screw a sheet metal screw into the fitting,gently,not real tight.Wrap wire around this screw,pull up into place.Go through the plate access and hold into place,however possible,bent pliers,bent screwdriver,magic fingers,etc,remove wire and screw,and screw filter back in.BTW,what is the date stamped on the back of your stove?

Thanks, I was afraid of that. What a pain. It is stamped 06/2009 although purchased new in ‘16.

Yep,they sold you an old model.Take a look at the vacuum switch,see if by chance there is a T fitting and 2 hoses.If not,I think you are going to have to reinstall the part.

I gather that the hole and muffler are attached on the left side of the hopper as you're looking at it. I checked my stove and it does appear to be a challenge on that side of the stove in the back. The right hand side of the hopper is pretty easy to access:
auger_motor_removed2.JPG

I'd try using a coat hangar and fishing it down the hole to attach the hose and pull it back thru. That is if you can find where the hose dropped into the back of the stove.

I feel your frustration.

Hello, I just wanted to let everyone who finds there way here know that I had the same problem and solved it by:
  1. Taking off both rear panels
  2. Finding the hose below with the threaded end
  3. Holding the hose by reaching into the area that houses the control box, nearest to where the muffler attaches
  4. The opening is too small to reach a hand through, but I just held onto the hose as close to the opening as possible
  5. Working it until the thread shows through the hole in the hopper
  6. Hold the thread in position and turning the muffler until the thread caught
I hope that works for you if you're having the same issue!