2017/2018 VC owners thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
AEF8C598-E646-4274-A9AD-0213D7966B9D.jpeg

Attachments

• 7D024B61-825A-4C69-88F7-43CE1C2F158A.jpeg
    7D024B61-825A-4C69-88F7-43CE1C2F158A.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 346
Last edited by a moderator:
Forecast here in lower mi.... 90 for the next 2 days. Which means humid and miserable

Forecast here in lower mi.... 90 for the next 2 days. Which means humid and miserable
Yes, looks like most of the east coast is about to get hot for 2-3 days. Still 58º here @9:30am.

You must remove the cover plates and upper fireback assembly. Your localdealer or V.C. may actually be able to provide some help. These days there seems to be tech. support . Sort of...

I found out that the combustion package is simply held in place by the upper fireback. Now I would like to replace the gasket between the fireback and the underside of the top plate. This would be a lot easier if I could take the top plate off, but I can't find any fasteners. Is it possible the top plate in the VC Resolute Acclaim is pressed or cemented on?

I am itching to light a fire in my new stove (VC will stay asleep few weeks longer), but 43*C with humidex for tomorrow tell me otherwise.......

I am anxious to start burning again As well. I’m tired of the heat of the summer. I work outside everyday and have had my fill of 80-90 degree weather. However, as ready as I am for the burn season my stove and chimney are not. I have lots of maintenance to do and little time to do it.

Woke up to a drizzle and 55 this morning. I might have a fire this eve. However, the forecast calls for 82 for tomorrow....and then a solid dip to high 50s for the weekend. I will be at the lake this weekend so no fire in the Encore. But i will finally get a chance to break in the Princess.

Hi guys... just thought I'd pop in to say Hi....
....and let you know Im not dead. Just had a realllllllly rough year and haven't had time to think about burning or this place in a long time.

Are we starting up a new 18/19 thread? Not that Im anywhere close, we only turned hte AC off a couple days ago.

Hi guys... just thought I'd pop in to say Hi....
....and let you know Im not dead. Just had a realllllllly rough year and haven't had time to think about burning or this place in a long time.

Are we starting up a new 18/19 thread? Not that Im anywhere close, we only turned hte AC off a couple days ago.
Glad to see you’re back. I think someone should fire up the 18/19 thread.