2018 season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
Are we all looking forward to the heating season! I'm going to pull the trigger and get 3 tons.

I have plenty of oil and I may use that more this year. Will see
Looking at prices and I'm seeing not to cheap. So what have you been paying for a ton of pellets. I burn le Crete

Still enjoying summer though!

Are we all looking forward to the heating season! I'm going to pull the trigger and get 3 tons.

I have plenty of oil and I may use that more this year. Will see
Looking at prices and I'm seeing not to cheap. So what have you been paying for a ton of pellets. I burn le Crete

4 tons of Hamers being delivered on Saturday. $280 a ton plus delivery. Could have gotten them for $270 but missed the sale. I normally pay $285. I know they're expensive but my Quad loves them. Happy stove, happy owner. Lots of heat and not too much ash.
Still enjoying summer though!

Reactions: Tonyray
I pay $200/ton for CleanBurn Douglas fir pellets. I buy one ton at a time as the lumber yard that I get them from carries pellets year round. I burn between 2 1/2 and 3 tons a year. The mill is about thirty miles away, in Tacoma, it is supposed to be the oldest pellet mill in the U.S.

I pay 235 a ton. I can not remember the brand name, but they come from canada and their are 100 percent softwood.

Haven't looked yet. Generally $269 per ton. 3 tons is enough for the season, so after taxes and delivery costs, around $1000.

Got 4 tons of Vermonts back in May on sale $290/ton (usually $300) plus still have 2 tons left from last season.

Sam