2020 Kuma Ashwood LE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Deano31

Jan 11, 2014
North jersey
I have a new 2020 Kuma Ashwood LE to say the least this stove is amazing. I could not find much information on this new stove anywhere. Jason at Kuma spent a great amount of time on the phone and through emails with me. After Jason explained his results with the new new LE stoves I decided the Ashwood LE was the stove for me. Jason located a stove for me that was a couple hour ride. Once home with stove I was so excited to run, needless to say but I have not let this stove go cold. It is so easy to run my wife has no problem. I am trying to heat a 2800 sq ft ranch style house from the basement without having to burn my insert in my living room. Burning two stoves gets old I don’t mind if it’s in the single digits, well with this new Kuma I have no need to burn both stoves. The Ashwood will give me 12 hours with plenty of heat, if it’s super cold I will let her run a little more open and get between 8-10 hrs. When I was looking at them on line I was looking at the classic style well, Jason located me a Pedestal model with ashpan. I am so happy that I went this route the ashpan is a home run makes life so much easier. I will try to post some pictures and videos once I figure that out. To say the least this stove is a DREAM and the people at Kuma go above and beyond to make sure that they take of their customer’s.

Sorry all I have is a video in my phone if I remember tonight I will take some actual photos. I am extremely happy with this stove it is so easy to operate. The stove produces an unbelievable amount of heat. I would highly recommend Kuma products. They have awesome customer service. Jason from Kuma answered so many questions for me before I bought the stove. He probably spent a total of three hours on the phone with me and numerous, numerous emails back-and-forth they are a top-notch company with a unbelievable warranty.

Reactions: Highbeam and buc74
Nice looking fire there. How long did that burn last?

Depending on what kind of wood I am burning and how much I dampen the stove down I get between 8-12 hours. If it’s super cold single digits I will get 8 hours if it’s warmer I run it to get 12 hours. I am extremely happy with this stove.

Reactions: kennyp2339
That's really nice to hear. Be sure to add a short review in the Stove Reviews section here:

Hello I do not have KUMA
but I had a contact with a customer that have new LE 2.5 insert... He wrote me:
"It is one of the cleanest burning stoves I've ever had in my life. We get about 15 hours good burn time depending on the type of wood we have and at 18 or 19 hours there is still coals in there."

Hi, I know these are old posts but I'm looking at the ashwood le. I'm new to heating with a wood stove. I understand that you have yours in the basement. I'm curious, we have a single story L shaped ranch, 1758 sq feet. Do you think the stove gives off enough heat to heat the house if it were placed upstairs as apposed to the basement? Thanks