2020 Matra softwood pellets are good

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pelleting In NJ

Minister of Fire
Sep 26, 2011
Central NJ
Bought 3 tons of Matra softwood pellets recently. Finished burning 3 bags so far, and cleaned the stove today to see how clean they are. Very little ash, very clean burn pot.....I am a happy camper, last years Easy Blaze were horrible. Prior year Easy Blaze were much better. The Matra pellets are very short, and very little fines/dust.

Anybody else burning Matras?

I tried some last year, were ok, nothing compared to minuteman douglas fir's, those have literally no ash!

Wowzer, 400 and 300 a ton. I pay $212 a ton for Michigan Hardwood Pellets and I think that's high. When I started roasting pellets 30 years ago, they were $100.00 a ton. MHW is a nice pellet with hardly any ash when I run them straight during shoulder season. When it gets cold out, the corn starts flowing into the stove with the pellets. Corn is basically free, I grow it.

Wowzer, 400 and 300 a ton. I pay $212 a ton for Michigan Hardwood Pellets and I think that's high. When I started roasting pellets 30 years ago, they were $100.00 a ton. MHW is a nice pellet with hardly any ash when I run them straight during shoulder season. When it gets cold out, the corn starts flowing into the stove with the pellets. Corn is basically free, I grow it.

Considering one hundred 1990 dollars is now equivalent to $199 2020 dollars it would seem the price has been pretty stable for you when adjusted for inflation.

Hugh

problem is, my wages and inflation aren't running on the same levels.

Reactions: Pellet-King
Bought 3 tons of Matra softwood pellets recently. Finished burning 3 bags so far, and cleaned the stove today to see how clean they are. Very little ash, very clean burn pot.....I am a happy camper, last years Easy Blaze were horrible. Prior year Easy Blaze were much better. The Matra pellets are very short, and very little fines/dust.

Anybody else burning Matras?
Agree. But this years EZBlaze pellets are excellent.. clean, nice light color again and smell good.last yr they smelled like paint varnish..

I wasnt a huge fan of my matra pellets this year. I felt like they just made a ton of ash - burned a full ton. My vermont wood pellets have been great though.