Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) 2021 Lancaster, PA Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

maraakate

Sep 27, 2021
Lancaster, PA
I've called around quite a bit this week pricing out pellets and here is what I've found :

Ed's Landscaping in Elizabethtown, PA
Turman Pellets - $6.60/bag or $330/ton (no price break)
Dry Creek Pellets - $6.40/bag or $320/ton (no price break)

Delivery within 10 miles from Ed's:
$40 for 1 ton
$70 for 2 tons
$90 for 3 tons

Tractor Supply Company in Mount Joy, PA
In-House Brand (Unknown manufacturer) Hardwood Pellets - $5.29/bag or $254/ton (price break of $0.20 per bag)

No delivery from TSC

JB Hostetter's in Mount Joy, PA
Lignetics Pellets - $5.99/bag or $300/ton (no price break)

Delivery within 10 miles from JB Hostetter's: About $25. The person who handles deliveries was busy couldn't answer the phone and this is what the customer service believed the price is.

EM Herr in Columbia, PA
Lignetics Pellets - $6.49/bag or $280/ton

Delivery within 10 miles from EM Herr - $40-60 per ton.

Lowes in Lancaster, PA (Same Prices in York, PA)
Still River Pellets - $5.98/bag or $269/ton (10% discount)
Greene Team Pellets - $6.98/bag (no price break specified on website)

Delivery starts at $59 (unknown how mileage, etc. forces me to enter CC info to find out the answer which I'm not interested in doing).

Home Depot in Lancaster, PA (Same Prices as York, PA)
Green Supreme Pellets - $5.98/bag or $269/ton (10% discount)

Delivery starts at $79 (unknown mileage).

Goods Stores in Ephrata, PA
Ironstone Mills Pellets - $5.99/bag or $264/ton (~12% discount)

No delivery

Agway in Ephrata, PA
Hamers Pellets - $6.99/bag or $299/ton
Ironstone Mills Pellets - $6.99/bag or $269/ton
EZ Heat Pellets - $6.99/bag or $259/ton

No delivery

Kingdom Biofuel in Peach Bottom, PA
Kingdom Biofuel Pellets - $6.99/bag or $300/ton

Delivery from Kingdom Biofuel:
1 ton - $65 within 25 miles. Then $3 for each additional mile.
2 tons - $75 within 25 miles. Then $3 for each additional mile.
3 tons - $85 within 25 miles. Then $3 for each additional mile.
4 tons - $95 within 25 miles. Then $3 for each additional mile.
5 tons - $105 within 25 miles. Then $3 for each additional mile.
Bin with exterior pipe access - Free
Garage or porch with bin/sack with easy access - $55

Reactions: bbechtel16
For those interested in burning corn:

Tractor Supply Company in Mount Joy, PA
Treeline Deer Corn 40lb (which burns fine in my unit) - $9.99/bag.

Walmart
Manna Pro Deer Corn 40lb - $7.98/bag.
If you can find it, some Walmart locations have the 50lb bags for $9.48/bag.

Brandt's Farm Supply in Elizabethtown, PA
Brand unknown 50lb of shelled field corn -$13.75/bag.

Person on the phone at JB Hostetter's was wrong. It's $7.99/bag for Lignetics and $310/ton.

I appreciate this thread. We live east of Lancaster over towards the Morgantown / Elverson area. How did you locate some of these places? I'm trying to find some places that are on the east side of Lancaster and I'm not having a lot of success.

Just called around. I also went to a feed store (Brandt's in Elizabethtown, PA) to check prices on shelled field corn to also burn (their prices were nuts, don't bother) and mentioned it was for use in a pellet stove. They gave me the names of some additional places.

Pretty much any local Mennonite-owned hardware store, TSC, etc. will have pellets. I found out about Kingdom Biofuel by googling for wood stove pellets in Lancaster, PA area and they came right up. Same with Ironstone Mills.

TSC seems to have the best prices. Just be very careful, I often have to sift through multiple bags feeling the bags to be certain they are not water damaged. I usually have to put aside multiple bags. They store all of their pellets outside and I guess the manufacturer does not wrap them correctly. I had them pull another skid down the other day because what was left on a skid outside was all water damaged pellets.

Be careful at TSC, they are $5.29/bag, but one week I went the clerk tried to charge me $5.99 and I asked if the price went up. They are not $5.99. Make sure they understand this is wood stove fuel, not grilling pellets.

The Lowe's on Roherstown Road in Lancaster, PA has "Power Pellets" brand as well. I grabbed 10 bags on Saturday. They seem to burn fine. I believe the price was $5.99/bag. They had Greene Team or some other premium brand that was $6.99/bag and I didn't bother with those.

AES Hearth and Patio out in Camp Hill (right outside of Harrisburg) has a variety of brands and prices are updated frequently at https://aeshearthandpatio.com/order/

AES Hearth and Patio in Camp Hill, PA
Hamer's Hot Ones - $7.00/bag or $315/ton (~10% discount)
Energex Hardwood - $6.50/bag or $295/ton (~10% discount)
O'Malley Hardwood - $6.50/bag or $295/ton (~10% discount)
AWF Ultra Premium Softwood Pine - $7.25/bag or $335/ton (~8% discount)

The AWF pellets are really nice. I've burned them before. Burn hot, very consistent size, leave very little ash behind. As far as I know it's the only place to find them around here. The woman on the phone mentioned that Hamer's can only be purchased in bulk because it's very popular and goes quickly.

I appreciate this thread. We live east of Lancaster over towards the Morgantown / Elverson area. How did you locate some of these places? I'm trying to find some places that are on the east side of Lancaster and I'm not having a lot of success.
Have you tried Nissley Feed in Morgantown.

FYI: the Lignetics at EM Herr are the Hardwood only ones. The Lignetics at JB Hostetter's are the Hardwood/Softwood BLEND which in my opinion are a much better pellet versus the regular Hardwood Lignetics.

Stopped at TSC today and they are now selling Cheat River at $5.39 bag. Did not check the UPC yet, but would not be surprised if the bagged in-store brand was Cheat River and now they switched labels. Probably won't get around to burning them later this week and will report back.

Also made a special 45 minute trip out to Good's in Ephrata to grab Ironstone Mills and Kingdom Biofuel. The Kingdom Biofuel's are softwoods so should be interesting to see how they burn. The Lignetics they sell at Good's are the Hardwood/Softwood blend at $5.99/bag, the cheapest I've found in the area, which so far are my favourite besides the AWF Ultra Premium Softwood Pine.

North Forge Heating in Annville, PA

I'm still waiting additional prices. Will have to call back, but I did purchase 10 bags of EazyBlaze Premium Softwood for $5.80. They also have Energex (two varieties) and Turmans. I believe the Turmans is about $6.30 a bag, but I don't remember off-hand. The Energex's were cheaper than the EazyBlaze's. Very nice store and all pellets are stored inside. A lot of accessories for pellet and wood stove users at decent prices. They service Harman's and Ravelli's as well. It was worth the drive from Marietta, PA for me.

Update: North Forge Heating in Annville, PA (near Hershey) still has Easy Blaze and they are still $290 a ton. I picked up two last week and they said few were left and that next shipment won't be in until around October or November due to Easy Blaze having a worker shortage.

They also have added Iron Stone Mills Hardwoods at about $280 a ton.

I haven't bothered to call anyone else listed previously as quite frankly all of them are a waste of time who store their pellets outside and/or are overpriced. Local prices for crap bag of pellets from Lowe's and HD this year are starting at $8/bag in my area.

Reactions: vinny11950