25-CBEP Error 3 after a couple hours running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darby1224

Jan 29, 2024
Newfoundland, Canada
I have cleaned everything I can get at, room air fan, exhaust ducting, chimney, but still get the overheating error. I have room air set at 9 and feed at 7. Been dropping feed but keep getting same result. Im running out of things to check. Any help is very appreciated. Does the settings on the bottom 3 buttons have anything to do with my problem. I just bought the stove and the settings are 1-4-1. I have read that the factory settings are 6-4-1.

If I recall correctly, on the newer stoves, the bottom 3 only pertain to heat range 1 and 2. That said, I'll admit I'm not 100% familiar with your stove although it does look like my 25-EP. But, your first number is for low fuel feed so going higher could only make it worse.
How's your exhaust air? Is it barely blowing or is it coming out full blast? Your ducting might be clogged or there may be a screen over the room air fan clogged with dirt / hair that could be causing your problem.
Have you checked your temp sensor? In your manual there should be instructions on putting the stove in diagnostics mode and what to look for on your temp sensor. If its not in the manual, do search here on the site.

Eric

If I recall correctly, on the newer stoves, the bottom 3 only pertain to heat range 1 and 2. That said, I'll admit I'm not 100% familiar with your stove although it does look like my 25-EP. But, your first number is for low fuel feed so going higher could only make it worse.
How's your exhaust air? Is it barely blowing or is it coming out full blast? Your ducting might be clogged or there may be a screen over the room air fan clogged with dirt / hair that could be causing your problem.
Have you checked your temp sensor? In your manual there should be instructions on putting the stove in diagnostics mode and what to look for on your temp sensor. If its not in the manual, do search here on the site.

Eric
Thanks for the quick reply Eric. I had already done the room air fan so I will take the combustion fan out and give it a good cleaning. There seamed to be good airfflow at the exhaust but a good cleaning cant hurt. Im wondering if I should do a factory reset also. Good idea?

It can't hurt, but I'd still check your temp sensor. If I recall on mine the base had come corroded and I took it off, cleaned it up and put some thermal heat sink paste (computer CPU stuff) and its worked fine ever since.

Eric