25-PDV Heat Range A,B,C,D?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fastgm400

Jan 30, 2010
PA
What is it actually supposed to be? I was told that it was supposed to be "C" so I put it there. It was on "A" previously. It looks to be a better burn than before. Can any one school me, I couldn't find very much info on this. A break down of what A-D are would be nice.

a being the most heat output/d being the least. i believe they change the upper auger time and combustion blower rpms proportionally. mine was shipped in d setting-------switched to c and have much more heat and pellet consumption.

That is really wierd, I get way more heat on "C" than I ever did on "A". I always seem to burn 9 Heat 9 Fan with the settings below being 5-3-1 sometimes 6-4-1 I wonder why A isn't hotter in my case. Everything was torn apart and cleaned very well so it's not because it's dirty.

IMO, leave the stove in the mode it came with from the factory. I'm sure thay are much more qualified to determine what the fuel/air ratio is supposed to be with their stoves.

If you are not 100% sure what mode it came with from the factory, do a complete board re-set. If you don't know how to do that, put a post up, and I'll tell you how.

fastgm400 said:
What is it actually supposed to be? I was told that it was supposed to be "C" so I put it there. It was on "A" previously. It looks to be a better burn than before. Can any one school me, I couldn't find very much info on this. A break down of what A-D are would be nice.

Simple enough, call the tech line, give em the serial# and date of manufacture(located on inside of hopper lid), they will be happy to tell you what the factory setting should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.