25-pdvc 2005 control board?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AnnaMn

Jan 22, 2019
Minnesota
Yesterday I replaced the combustion blower/motor in my stove. A lot less noise and good operation. It shut down sometime in the night. I’ve cleaned out the firebox and tried to unplug and restart. There is no power getting to board. The outlet is fine and no circuit breaker was tripped. It seems like possibly the draw from the new combustion motor fried the board. Does this sound right? I hate to replace board and have it not be the issue. To my knowledge it’s original board, not original owner of unit.

Unplug the unit , check the board for a fuse and see if it is blown. Best done with the fuse removed and multimeter..

this the back of the board
CFB1064E-4C96-4BE6-911D-AB4B0917EF5F.png

Reactions: gfreek
I’m not at home, but I’d like to pick up a fuse on my way home. Is there anything special to call it other than 6 amp fuse?

OK good...post what happens..

Pulled the fuse, it was blown so replaced it. When I plugged back in the digital reading was on. Did a shut down procedure - and just restarted. Fire is burning. It is operating like it did yesterday after I replaced combustion blower. Is there anything I should watch out for? Anything that leads to the fuse blowing?

Wires with insulation worn and shorting out, bad igniter, other motors drawing too much, lastly bad board... Others should be on with more...Do you have the owners manual.? Plugged into a surge suppressor.. ?? You can do a search for more ideas..

Reactions: AnnaMn
Wires with insulation worn and shorting out, bad igniter, other motors drawing too much, lastly bad board... Others should be on with more...Do you have the owners manual.? Plugged into a surge suppressor.. ?? You can do a search for more ideas..
Thanks for the ideas. I do have a manual. I use a surge protector. I checked the wires earlier this season. I’ll keep an eye on it and see what happens. Appreciate your help.