Help! Restoring a Deeze Freeland Flame stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

idahoflydude

Mar 27, 2024
Boise, ID
Attempting to restore an old stove for use on our patio. I've been unable to source any documentation at all. Hoping perhaps someone has some stashed. It is a Freeland flame - made by Deeze. Appears to have originated in the Pacific Northwest.
Gone through cleaned and checked everything on the heat generator side. Everything is sound, no leaks or rust-throughs.
My main issue is I get it fired up and it will not stay running. The thermal couple that was in it shot. So I replaced with a type k - however I'm not too certain that the millivolt signal is strong enough. Appears to be a wide range used on pellet stoves. It does get upwards of 20 millivolt while burning. This unit's old enough there's no light or LED indicators of any cycle, so I'm also trying to learn the startup sequence of a typical one. I can get it to fire up and to run for about 5 minutes - auger pulses (long pulses) figured this is start up mode. I have two wires that come off the board that were twisted together - assuming tstat wires even though they are not actually tstat cable. If I leave them connected the auger runs (long pulses) for five minutes then stops. If I disconnect/reconnect the wires it will feed again.
I have noticed that after 3 minutes if I disconnect them it will continue to pulse but at a slower shorter rate which I assume is the normal "run" feed rate of the pellet stove. However it will only do this for about 5 minutes and either the unit shuts down or sometimes there's a small green breaker type switch the trips. Either way the pellet stove shuts down. I do not see any damage on the circuit board. Kind of leaning towards maybe they're being an issue on the board somewhere.... I hope not because they haven't made parts for this thing for several decades!
I have attached a picture of the control circuit board with its number. I really want to get this stove up and running. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated!

17115192229456460979461325552264.jpg

Attempting to restore an old stove for use on our patio. I've been unable to source any documentation at all. Hoping perhaps someone has some stashed. It is a Freeland flame - made by Deeze. Appears to have originated in the Pacific Northwest.
Gone through cleaned and checked everything on the heat generator side. Everything is sound, no leaks or rust-throughs.
My main issue is I get it fired up and it will not stay running. The thermal couple that was in it shot. So I replaced with a type k - however I'm not too certain that the millivolt signal is strong enough. Appears to be a wide range used on pellet stoves. It does get upwards of 20 millivolt while burning. This unit's old enough there's no light or LED indicators of any cycle, so I'm also trying to learn the startup sequence of a typical one. I can get it to fire up and to run for about 5 minutes - auger pulses (long pulses) figured this is start up mode. I have two wires that come off the board that were twisted together - assuming tstat wires even though they are not actually tstat cable. If I leave them connected the auger runs (long pulses) for five minutes then stops. If I disconnect/reconnect the wires it will feed again.
I have noticed that after 3 minutes if I disconnect them it will continue to pulse but at a slower shorter rate which I assume is the normal "run" feed rate of the pellet stove. However it will only do this for about 5 minutes and either the unit shuts down or sometimes there's a small green breaker type switch the trips. Either way the pellet stove shuts down. I do not see any damage on the circuit board. Kind of leaning towards maybe they're being an issue on the board somewhere.... I hope not because they haven't made parts for this thing for several decades!
I have attached a picture of the control circuit board with its number. I really want to get this stove up and running. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 326169
you should start by bypassing the vacuum sender/ and proof of flame switch / se if ti works after