25-PDVC Annual Maintenance Gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jp57

Apr 4, 2011
Moore Twsp., Pa
This has probably been beaten to death, but, what gaskets (and part numbers) should be replaced when doing the annual maintenance on a 25-PDVC?

Didn't Englander have a kit with all the needed gaskets/adhesives? If so, anyone have the right part number?
I tried calling support a few times, but they seemed pretty jammed up.

You can do what you want but I don’t replace anything unless it needs to be replaced. That being said I’ve had my pdv for quite a few years and only replaced the complete set ounce. Just my opinion.

You can do what you want but I don’t replace anything unless it needs to be replaced. That being said I’ve had my pdv for quite a few years and only replaced the complete set ounce. Just my opinion.

Have you taken out the combustion blower and burn box to clean them?
Manual states to replace the gaskets when removing those items to clean.

I was able to get some sheet lytherm (the gasket material) from my HVAC guy at work. I make my own gaskets and the stuff I have is thicker and seems to hold together better than what you can get from Englander. I'm able to get several motor cleanings out of it before it falls apart and I need to make a new one. I would think you'd be able to get some at any good (not box) plumbing and heating store.

Eric

Yes I take them out regularly. Multi-able time a season. I have 3 Labradors that shed all the time. I reuse the convection blower gasket with absolutely no issues. Even if it did leak slightly it is only air . But to this day I have no air leaks. I also clean the combustion blower out twice a season and I use high temp liquid gasket and have also never had an issue with leaks. Plus I have a co2 monitor sitting right by the stove which is checked regularly. I use the leaf blower every time I clean the stove , every weekend so that really helps with keeping things clean so I do not need to pull the combustion blower out very often.

Reactions: jp57
got a question on the thickness of the gaskets? I ordered some for parts for less which are 1/8 inch thick was wondering if i could make some with 1/4 inch thick sheets which are much cheaper. thanks

I'd have to check mine when I get home, but it seems like mine are fairly thick.

Eric