25-pdvc help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Altereego

Nov 19, 2020
Ct
Hello all.
This is my first post here. I’ve read a lot and am just finally signing up. I bought a 25-pdvc from Lowe’s on clearance back in spring. Installed and setup, now it’s getting cold out here lol. It works pretty well but I’ve noticed the heat coming out is usually warm, not quite HOT. After reading here I saw info about switching it to c mode. I’ve tried doing what all the posts say, but it isn’t showing me letters, instead it’s numerical 1-8 when I try to change the mode. Plug in, press up and down on blower at the same time and release. Plug in while holding the buttons, etc... Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

I would check what your lower 3 control numbers are set at: LFF (low fuel feed), LBA (low burn air), AOT (air on temp),and compare them to what factory spec should be......maybe someone can post.. I have Emailed Englander with questions and got answers relatively quickly. Calling not so much...

Before you change modes. Did you start the stove and let it run for a couple hours on high?

Hey all, sorry it took so long to answer. Work has been nuts. Anyway. Bottom three were set at 1-1-1

and there’s the weird mode issue of it showing numbers not letters.

the stove has had about 20 or so bags of pellets through it since being installed, prob a bit more, and at least onefull night on 9/9. I just don’t know why mine is different from other peoples lol.
I haven’t tried calling or emailing englander but I suspect that’s my next step :(

Definitely give support a call. Im suspecting a faulty control board. They have changed the programming a bit on the later boards and I haven’t had a new one to study so it’s hard to say.