25-PDVC pellet stove top auger won't move

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TimmyR

Feb 3, 2023
Hello my top auger will not move at all I have switched out the auger wires and everything I was wondering if anything else I could do please help in New York will get one heck of a storm and of course it breaks during the storm.

This is in the wrong forum so your response may be limited. I'm sure it'll get moved.

Have you checked if you're getting power to the motor?

Ya I switched motors from top to bottom also if I hold the on button the top auger moves now but after that nothing

So I'm not sure what to do I know I can take the whole thing apart again and rebuild it from frame up but electronic nooope

So, one of the motors does not run, with wires changed? Does the other one? Is your auger jammed? Bearing bad? Clean out pellets and check,.