25-PDVC Room air blower problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akelapellet

Nov 18, 2015
Akela NM
Hello,
I have searched this site and elsewhere to look for a similar issue to no avail. I have a 25-PDVC and has run well for about five years. Last year I replaced the lower auger and thermostat sensor (rats got in during summer storage). What the problem seems to be is that when the stove finally heats up and stays running, it seems the room air blower does not get to full speed. If it set it to 9, it doesn't seem to be getting up to that speed, the air flow and slight howling that we have grown accustomed to over the years is gone. It stays on, but I know the room air blower is not getting up to speed. it seems when I turn speed past 5, you can't discern any increase in air speed or motor noise. like i said. it does stay on all night, but it is if i have set it at a low 3-3 setting.I have reset the stove to D mode and is preset to 6-4-1. Thermostat and components look in good shape. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Have you cleaned the blower? I have to clean out the dust bunnies and cat hair from mine every year. I take out the blower and use an old tooth brush and vacuum. I also cut two v notches on one side so I can leave two screws in the stove to help hold the blower when I put it back in.

Reactions: akelapellet
Have you cleaned the blower? I have to clean out the dust bunnies and cat hair from mine every year. I take out the blower and use an old tooth brush and vacuum. I also cut two v notches on one side so I can leave two screws in the stove to help hold the blower when I put it back in.
I'll give it a try and get back!

You mentioned vermin. Follow the path from the fan to the heat exchange tubes. Could be something there.

OK!! I guess I need to do regular maintenance. RA blower squirrel cage was full of pet hair and dust bunnies, couldn't even see through the blades. Works like a champ now. THANKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.