25 PVDC, Ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstogie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2012
Albany (ish)
So I have my 25pvdc up and running. Seems to work fine after going through it though I have only run it for 3 hours due to the warm weather. As I hit the "ON" button and wait for the ignitor (i do actually have one) to do it's thing.... I was wondering.....
Doesn't the ignitor waste electricity?
Can I just unlplug it and manually light it, therebye saving some electricity?

and oh yea, What the heck do the 3 buttons on the bottom do? Should I adjust them? How will I know if I should?

You can light it manually, however, I don't think the electricity draw is significant enough to offset the potential danger of manually lighting the stove.

The three buttons on the bottom should be set to factory default and this should provide for optimal pellet burning. However, they are adjustable and this can help manage fuel quality and heat demand, etc..

I don't know what this unit's factory defaults are but I'm sure somebody will chime in soon with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.