25PDVC exhaust location vs 25PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

live4soccer7

Jan 10, 2017
US
I've got several 25PDVC stoves (smaller version), however as I have been using the one in the house this winter I've often wished that there was something to pull the heat off the SIDES of the stove. It is just radiant heat that seems to be mostly a waste. I was looking at the 25PDV and noticed that they have the heat exchangers on the TOP above the door AND on the SIDES.

My question lies in the difference between the height/location of the exhaust hookup. Are they the exact same, where I don't have to adjust my piping at all or will I need to adjust my exhaust pipe?

Can you guys get a day out of a bag of pellets on the 25PDV? I often times only run my 25PDVC on the lowest setting, so I'd love to be able to get the same burn rate at the low end.

The 25pdvc has a center exhaust height of 13.5" and top height of 15". I believe this is also what the 15PDV has. Are they both located in the same position in the back?

Can you guys get a day out of a bag of pellets on the 25PDV? I often times only run my 25PDVC on the lowest setting, so I'd love to be able to get the same burn rate at the low end.