3 piece top stoves.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Todd_C

Dec 15, 2013
littlebyteservices.com
In what year did they stop making the 3 piece tops? .
And does anyone have any idea what approximate year this one would have been built?
1667918377520.png

It looks like it might have been overfired. The seller says there are no warping on the sides.
I picked up a mamabear 3 piece top recently that has warped sides.
I'm going to look at this one later this week and am hoping it's in better shape than the mama I have.
This appears to be a papa bear.

About 1 year. A business tycoon named Woody Taylor that bought the licenses for KS, NE, OK, and AR recommend color brochures and bending the tops to speed fabrication.

Very few were made in ‘73, so it wasn’t until ‘74 that he was a licensed builder.

Don’t let the pigment burnt out of the paint scare you. Many are white where they get hit with damage other than paint.

The one I already own was over fired without bricks. Side are warped as well as back.
I never planned on using it anyway I just wanted to have one as a showpiece.
Now I'm looking for one in perfect condition when it comes to no warps or cracks etc.
Patience is what I need on this.

Yep, that’s what I did over the years. Upgrade to a better one when found. There was an unfired Papa in Texas I didn’t bid on that I regret, and a few others I’ll never forget. Lots worse things I could have spent too much on!