3 point hitch splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen in SoKY

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2008
Southern Kentucky
Here's my 3ph splitter I've mentioned in the past. What I like so much about this design is that the unit can be raised high enough to hitch a flat bed wagon to the drawbar underneath thereby letting me make 1 trip to the woods and both split and bring back wood by myself. The cylinder is a 4X8 so the cycle time is more than fast enough for a fat old smoker like me. You'll note the lack of a valve, it's currently on the post driver until I get serious about splitting in the next few days. For today I just used the SCV on the tractor.
PlowSplitter006.jpg
PlowSplitter008.jpg
PlowSplitter007.jpg

cool!

That's cool. I just bought a 3 point splitter, but it's a conventional slide-beam type, just run off the tractor hydraulics......

Status
Not open for further replies.