30 nc air tube screw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveGunter

Nov 15, 2011
coastal maine
I snapped off the screw that holds the secondary air tube to the manifold on my 30 nc. I've drilled it out and am ready to re attach and have plenty of misc screws laying around that would fit, but am unsure about using them. I know nothing about metals and grades of metals, will any old screw that fits work, or does it need a specific type of metal?

If I had a stainless screw the right size I'd use it. But I can't see any worse happening than to have to drill it out again in the future if there is a problem.

I've never had mine out, I'm figuring the same will happen when I finally need to replace the baffle boards.

pen

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Status
Not open for further replies.