30 NC question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabby

Nov 13, 2007
Ohio
I am setting up my 30 on my hearth and i have a question about the stove clearance to the back wall. my back wall of the hearth was brick, but the brick is still there and i covered it with tile this year. i am having troubles understanding the clearance for the stove pipe. It already has the rear heat shield. so the book says 8inches from back wall. then for the single wall pipe is says with rear heat shield and single wall pipe 16 inches. what the crap. but then it say rear and side shields 10 inche. with it 9 1/2" inches off my wall the pipe is like 12 or somthing like that. you think that's ok. heck my old earths stove was closer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.