30nc tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckr74

Burning Hunk
Mar 3, 2006
Anyone ever switch 1 and 3 tubes around? This is from the front. I tried it tonight to see if it would help keep the glass from sooting up so bad. I don't get any of the brown creosote that is hard to remove just the brown powder. My theory is that the front tube is blowing smoke down across the glass the way it is positioned. So far it has made a big difference and secondaries are much better. We'll see how it goes after a couple of days.

Nope never even considered it. But I also have never had an issue with my glass getting dirty, just hazy after a week or so.

Reactions: Highbeam
I have the haze also. I believe BB has had luck removing the doghouse and changing the air pattern.

Please keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.