Not open for further replies.
  1. BenW

BenW
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 16, 2008
    Loc:
    Leominster,MA
    Does anyone know where I could buy a 1 1/4" 4-way valve thats cheaper than a Tekmar 722? All I found so far was a tekmar from pex supply at $123.00 and then you need the actuator for it at $250.00 That seems a little expensive but if that's the average I guess i'll have to save my pennies. I just bought a GEA 5x12 50 plate heat exchanger and was wondering is is important to use a stainless union to connect it to the piping or is brass good enough?

2. in hot water

in hot water
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 31, 2008
    Loc:
    SW Missouri
    try www.paxton alve.com They sell the ESBE brand and actuators.

hr

3. pybyr

pybyr
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 3, 2008
    Loc:
    Adamant, VT 05640
    Ben & all--

I bought a pair of the 1.25 Tekmars before remembering that the twin tee arrangement means I'll only need to flip the flow direction on the tank side of my system. I was just about to call about returning it, but would be willing to "sell it on" at cost, which I think was about the same as what you mention.

I got the Tekmar because its specs, if I recall, showed a lower flow restriction/ better flow than the ESBE/Danfoss 1.25

let me know if anyone has an interest in my extra new in box Tekmar 722 1.25 4 way

on the actuator, I have not gotten there yet, but agree that the prices of the "official" ones are ridiculous. I am hoping to eventually do something with a motor and toothed belts, or else a bellcrank/cable/weight/pulley electromagnet that "lets go" and lets the valve flip position as soon as a sensor on the stack indicates that the fire has gone out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.