46k BTU Electric fireplace using Holograms & DTS stereo sound for a crackling fire & nature sounds?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• 2DFD396F-23D6-4919-AB42-36F781062353.png
    2DFD396F-23D6-4919-AB42-36F781062353.png
    717.6 KB · Views: 93
  • F4CC0C74-A27E-4E4C-B9F2-E4DB9011E093.png
    F4CC0C74-A27E-4E4C-B9F2-E4DB9011E093.png
    320.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
My first rear screen light folding job was on Colbert, on it (blocked by cameraman to the right) was a fireplace with a flat screen playing an endless loop of a fire burning, I thought it was cool for the set designer to think of that. Now you know why I'm rearscreen.

Attachments

• Colbert Screen.JPG
    Colbert Screen.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 111
I looked at one of those for my upstairs office, but instead made a video of me in my chair looking warm and toasty. Not only did it cost less, but now I don't even have to go in there!

Reactions: XmasTreefarmer
For these money you can buy 60 inch LED TV and play fire in 4k resolution .

In summer you can watch waterfall or glacier drifting in water. LOL

Speaking of fake fireplaces, a video producer friend of mine once shot a piece which included Stew Leonard. In his office was a fake fireplace and as a back drop it was set up so that was seen behind him for the interview. Stew was very uncomfortable with that arrangement. A few months later the story broke and answered why he was uncomfortable. The safe that contained unreported cash money was behind the fireplace. http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fsb/fsb_archive/2002/11/01/331999/
Actually, Stew Leonard had a brilliant grocery store model and I am surprised that in my travels I have never seen anything like it repeated. Rather than aisles, it is a maze and as you traverse the spaghetti for instance is right next to the tomato sauce which is next to the Parmesan cheese which leads you to the talking automatronic singing chickens that if if your kids hit the big red button they lay eggs..."Daddy let's go to Stew Leonards!"

Last edited by a moderator: