52i ignition issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Johne

Nov 15, 2017
Bushkill PA
I have a 3 year old 52i insert. I ran stove yesterday and turned temp down last night at be time. this morning I woke up cold, only to fine I had a pot full of unburned pellets. I turned temp up and stove added more pellets but did not light. I turned stove to off then back on and it has been burning since. Is this a pending problem?

May have simply needed a reset. Many times when an igniter won't light the pellets it is because it's full of ash. Be sure to clean out the igniter box under the burn pot. On my Harmans there are two wing nut type screws that you loosen and pull a plate off to access it.

Every time I do my monthly or one ton clean I pull out a decent amount of fine junk in there. There are many threads here you can search and read up on it. Good Luck

Thanks Bags... after the stove cooled down i went to check the igniter i found the wing nut screws backed out. from the cover plate I cleaned the area and re secured the screws. Works fine now. Maybe the reset...maybe the loose cover plate either way works fine now...Thanks....Have a great Thanksgiving.

Reactions: bags
You have a good one as well and stay warm.