576XP vs 372XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shredit

Nov 10, 2017
Bonner , Idaho
Contemplating between these two saws. I can get a good deal on a brand new 576 which will put it at a cheaper price than a new 372. Anybody have experience with both of these saws? it is my understanding the older 576's had some problems that have been sorted out?

I have no complaints with the red version of the 372 (jonsered 2172)

I had a 575XP and had trouble with the crankshaft and piston. I bought the saw new it ran well for awhile, then the internal components started to fail, some research led me to find out that was a common problem due to the high RPMs and torque the saw put out. I purchased a 372XP two years ago, I have owned a few over the years it's an excellent saw, durable as the old 272XP from the 1990's.

Reactions: duramaxman05
I had a 372XP Xtroq saw for a couple years. It cut wood great with bar sizes 24in and 20in. Decided to go bigger and bought a 390XP, sold the 372. You could also check out the 572XP, should be out in March but that is probably not guaranteed. Husky will hopefully have the autotune bugs worked out in the new 572XP, If you like manual adjust saws stick with 372XP.

I have the 576XP autotune and it has been a good saw. I do most softwood with it. Not much hardwood on this part of the country.lol
Except when some tree companies I know bring me some logs from trees they cut in town.
I do love the saw.

The 372 x torq has been a great saw for me. I can't stand everything having a failure prone computer in it these days, I certainly don't need one in my chainsaw. My vote goes to the 372 and a carb tool from eBay.

372 XP ( pre Xtorq most sought after ) otherwise the current 372 Xtorq

Best 70cc non computer controlled ( auto tune) saw on the market. In my opinion. Love my Jonny 2171, Jonny 2166, Husky 365 special, and Husky 372 Xp ( all same saws ).

I once had a Stihl 044 back some 20 years ago. Sold it. :)

Still have my 056 Stihl from the 70s. Love that saw