6" appliance connector does not fit 6" liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newcomtd

Nov 12, 2013
Ohio
So I'm in the process of installing my Jotul 550, and just realized by appliance connector does not fit my liner...both are 6". The connector is the Jotul drawdown type and the liner is an HomeSaver UltraPro. The diameter of each piece is exactly the same. I'm guessing there is some sort of adapter that connects the two. Do hearth shops normally stock this sort of thing or am I going to have to wait even longer to fire this thing up?

bummed

Yeah appliance connectors aren't usually sized for double wall liner. Hearth shop probably won't have one for it but folks like hartshearth.com or chimneylinerdepot.com can probably have you one that works in a day or two. Better to use an adapter that fits than to mess with putting a piece between them.

Unless there is an unusually small amount of room to work with around the insert, there will be no need for the draw down adapter. Typically the appliance adapter or more commonly an elbow will be used right on top of the unit. The draw down is for very tight areas.

Unless there is an unusually small amount of room to work with around the insert, there will be no need for the draw down adapter. Typically the appliance adapter or more commonly an elbow will be used right on top of the unit. The draw down is for very tight areas.

Does the crimped end of a regular adapter just push into place? I know screws or a band clamp secure the adapter to the liner, but what secures the adapter to the insert if it doesn't have the draw down connection?

Aren't their a few holes in the flue collar? If not, then a few angle brackets screws to the top is a common way to do it.

Is the flue collar the piece that is permanently attached to the fireplace insert? There are no holes in mine. I ordered this adapter today: http://www.efireplacestore.com/cpf-21058.html. Is this all I will need to connect my liner to the insert?

Attachments

• photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    153 KB · Views: 119
If you got the room, that's what I would do, use some angle brackets to secure it to the top of the insert.
Are you sure you won't need an elbow?

Status
Not open for further replies.