6500 Electronic fault: Hopper open, auger delay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

710ltd2002

Feb 16, 2024
Kalamazoo MI
Hello everyone

I have relocated my US Stove 6500 from the basement to the workshop. To facilitate moving the beast, I disassembled it and carried it out in pieces. ( It’s an old house with no alternate egress.) I marked all the electrical connections, so I am confident I reassembled it correctly.

I ran the factory test twice. All motors operated when cued.

Now the Auger Delay light is flashing, so it will not feed. I bypassed the hopper switch with two different jumper wires without success.

I changed the Constant setting to Ignore Sensor Errors without success.

I did a factory reset on the board without success.

I have read other posts here that talk about damaged resistors causing the auger to run without stopping. I have a little electronic knowledge, and I think I can change components on the board.

Any suggestions?
Dave

Unfortunately I don't have the answer, but following this because I have a 6500 as wall and plan on moving it fairly soon.

I bypassed the hopper switch
Check hopper switch and wiring from hopper switch to board including were it connects to board purple wire in molex plug and the white wire all the way to the auger connection and back to the daughter board. On most us stoves the flashing delay means hopper is open. In your case it might mean stove thinks hopper is open either purple wire or white neutral is not connecting.

1708983636679.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. When I get a little time I will have to chase all the wires and look for a pinch or bent prong…. I will come back and post the results if I find anything. I may end up buying a new board before next winter. Dave

Reactions: ARC