US Stove 6039 Auger delay stays on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ducatiloo

Nov 8, 2020
Wisconsin
I have a US Stove model 6039. My original board failed and I installed a US Stove and Breckwell PCB Circuit Board (80575)
Everything works except the Auger which did work before the old board died.
On the new board the "auger Delay" and "auto mode" flash. I've ran the stove for 30 mins by manually adding pellets and it does not turn off.
When I hold down the on button, the auger does not run.
I've bypassed/jumped the low/high limit switches as well as the pressure switch.

I've directly wired the auger motor and it works. When I go into diagnostic mode the auger runs without any issue.
The board has also been reset back to default a few times, with no change in behavior

Any thoughts or ideas?

Did you try by-passing the vac switch?

I have a US Stove model 6039. My original board failed and I installed a US Stove and Breckwell PCB Circuit Board (80575)

I would guess and say that your control board 80575 is programed for USSC 6041 and is delaying the auger waiting for the igniter to light pellets. The correct control board for USSC 6039 is 80507.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
I did by-pass the vacuum switch it did not make any difference.

Can I simply jump the igniter to test this? Also is there any reason I can't install the igniter?

Since it's the same board. It there a source for the 80507 chip?

USSC control board looks the same and they use it on most of their models, but it is "programed" to work with each model. Not sure if you can make the 80575 work in place of the 80507. You could try to contact USSC support center but I am doubtful they could or would advise you to use it. Most likely try to sell you the correct board.

The Auto mode blinking usually means that either the draft, room or agitator is not in auto mode, the auger delay blinking usually means the auger delayed button was pushed and is delaying. Check to see if draft, room and agitator are set to auto by turning stove on and then pushing up arrow on room fan, draft and aux one at a time and inspect your control board to see if the auger delay button is stuck.

Unplug the board from the wire harness and inspect for bent pins, plug harness back in. Try jumping the low limit switch again. How did you jump it last time? Maybe it was not a good connection did you use jumper wire? The 6041 pauses the auger for 3 minutes to give the igniter time to work so if you get board to work you might have to hand feed pellets for up to 3+ minutes.

Attachments

• male spaded jumper wire.jpg
    male spaded jumper wire.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 224
Is your control board in pellet mode?
"pressing the “ON” button, then press the “Heat Range” Up and Down arrows together for approximately 3-4 seconds and release. A “C” or “P” in the first digitof the display will indicate the mode. The ON LED will be blinking and the display will show “Cr-1” or “Pr-1”, depending on the mode.: In corn mode the auger does not move for 3 minutes.

Also the 6041 comes with a hopper switch so you have to have a jumper on the board were the hopper switch connects. J9 on attached schematic , My best and last guess.

Attachments

• hopper.jpg
    hopper.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 280

If you do get it to run you are going to have to change the feed rates, the 6039 auger motor is a 4.1 rpm and the 6041 is a 1 rpm.

If it is a 1-9 heat range control board that would be HR-1 feed rate of .4878 and HR-9 feed rate of 1.219.

Last edited: