8" double wall elbow rear exit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Gradoia

Oct 21, 2008
N 42.83432 W 73.48513
Can somebody recommend or shoot me a link to an 8" double wall elbow I can use directly out the back of my stove. So far the only ones I can find state"Not for rear exit applications." I'm looking to go out the back of my stove, turn 90 degrees and then straight up with double wall until I transition to Class A at the ceiling and up through the roof. Thanks. CR

I would use the Duravent DVL - you may already be using a different brand, I do not know. You would use the Durablack Stovetop adapter and then connect that to either Durablack [single wall] or DVL [double wall]. Since you want Double wall and have a rear exit, I would connect that stovetop adapter to a DVL Cleanout Tee and go straight up from there. If you are really set on using a 90 out of the back, you will still need an adapter to connect the 90. I think the issue you have is that they will not connect directly to the stove - and need an adapter.

For reference...

http://www.duravent.com/?page=6a1.php

http://www.duravent.com/pdf/catalogs/dvl_durablack09.pdf

CT:

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at the Dura-Vent double wall; that's where I saw it state not for rear exit apps. It didn't explain why. I'd rather skip the T for appearance/space reasons and just go with the elbow. I plan on having an adjustable length of pipe between the elbow and ceiling; I'll just pull that to clean it.

Cheers,

CR

If the elbow/tee is behind the stove, how will you see it or how will it interfere? It really makes sweeping the chimney a 5 minute job and all you have to do is disconnect the bottom cap on the tee with a few screws instead of trying to remove adjustable pipe that may not want to be that adjustable anymore.

I have some DVL left over from my install still in the box. I'll send you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.