8 year old blaze king used

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

griam01

Jan 22, 2016
Upper Panhandle, WV
My husband found someone selling an 8 year old blaze king used. Owner said it was only used 3 years and works great just that they got a new house and he didn’t want to install it. What should he ask or look for before purchasing?

It’s a king classic with the blower included.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's in perfect condition offer 50% of the new price to buy it at your local dealer today.

Do a visual check too. If the stove got wet during storage and is starting to rust then adjust price. Look at the cat to see if it's breaking down. If so, deduct $200.

My husband found someone selling an 8 year old blaze king used. Owner said it was only used 3 years and works great just that they got a new house and he didn’t want to install it. What should he ask or look for before purchasing?

It’s a king classic with the blower included.

Thanks in advance for your time.

It's probably getting ready for a new catalyst so, unless they have a new one, figure on about $300 for that. Check the condition of the bypass and door gaskets. They are not too expensive to replace but what is your time worth? If power is nearby, run the blower to make sure it hasn't been damaged or need replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want me to show you how to get rid of that clutter? Or, at least turn it into something other than corporate advertising? Or do they compensate you for being their sales agent?

Thanks for the info. We can get a princess new with blower for $600 more than what they are asking for this one. Since it may be due for a catalyst and possibly other parts would it be worth it?

And I removed the signature. Didn’t realize it was there.

They're asking too much. I'd go for the Princess.

Reactions: lsucet and griam01
A significant part of the cost of getting a stove is the liner. I think all Kings are 8", Princesses are 6". Is the flue already lined? Will an 8" liner fit in the flue?

If you already have an insulated 6" or 8" liner, that will be big points in favor of one stove or the other.

A significant part of the cost of getting a stove is the liner. I think all Kings are 8", Princesses are 6". Is the flue already lined? Will an 8" liner fit in the flue?

If you already have an insulated 6" or 8" liner, that will be big points in favor of one stove or the other.

This will be going into a cabin that is still being built.

This will be going into a cabin that is still being built.

I would only install a 6" because you can run so much wider variety of stoves with a 6" flue.