80$ electric bill down from 300$!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
never payed for a stick of wood in my life.[/quote]

And to add to that, I've never paid for a gym membership in my life either.[/quote]

That was great!

GaryS said:
fattyfat1 said:
you are welcome. I only wish we had a woodfired air conditioner for the summer.

That may actually be possible. I remember that early refrigerators burned kerosene. I guess to create the pressure in the compressor. Not sure about how they actually worked. Maybe someone here can try it. The wood stove would have to sit outside of course.

That may be coming back in style. There is a food service distributor in our area that built a new ware house for frozen foods. The chiller units are all natural gas fired and the coolant is similar to ammonia.

Where I work at they are building a huge chiller to hit temps of -40 to be used in an inline process. It will be natural gas fired also. I am not sure what the coolant will be but it has one heck of an endothermic condensation process. The product is traveling in a 2 inch SS line at 80 gallons per minute. It starts out at 104 degrees F when it hits the pasteurization system at 290 degrees F then drops to -40 F. All this happens in less than 240 seconds for the entire process and at 2500 – 3000 psi.

Status
Not open for further replies.