800 sq' house - small area for woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

acornkc

Jul 11, 2020
Vermont
I am looking at a few stoves - Jotul F45 V2; Heartstone GM 40; Lopi Answer NexGen and EnerZone 1.7 for the main level of my house. I prefer the small depth of Lopi and Heartstone, which are under 17". I like the reputation of Jotul,but it is much bigger. And EnerZone 1.7 was recommended,but it felt poorly made and is large.

currently I have a Quadra Fire 4300 in the basement, which I am having removed and a smaller stove added to the main floor, as I don't want an other winter spent in my basement.

I believe the chimney on each stove can be from the top of all the stoves so that all the stoves can sit relatively flush to the chimeny, which is in the center in the room.

I want to use this wood stove as my primary heat and only turn on the boiler when absolutely necessary.

Have you looked at stoves from Woodstock Soapstone? There is a model that may fit your room size fairly well, the Survival Hybrid model:

It's a stove that contains both a catalytic and non catalytic burn system. The two systems work together over the course of the burn giving you a clean burn and good burn times.

Right now Woodstock is offering Vermont residents a point of sale rebate towards many of their stove models. You would qualify for the one that involves removing an older stove and replacing it:

They also are having a sale where most of their stove models are up to $400 off. These guys are certainly worth taking a look at!

Reactions: Sailrmike
A Woodstock Fireview would also work if the dated style is ok. It would also be good to look at Blaze King stoves. FWIW, shallow stoves need to be loaded E/W which reduces capacity somewhat.

I am heating the same size home with a Blaze King Sirocco 20. Works nicely and really takes little room. It's the stove in my avatar. Worth researching the Blaze King brand if you are going to be using the stove as primary heat. Welcome to Hearth.