8K1-PVI (2196-150) w/ PVK-80

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

yashax

Oct 8, 2023
Atlanta, GA
I've got an HHT RED60, control module is an 8K1-PVI (P/N: 2196-150) and Power Vent PVK-80 that will light.

Startup Sequence:
1. 3 green lights
2. beep
3. hear noise, tries to start
4. In 15 sec turns off
5. three beeps
6. green light flashes

I can turn the switch to OFF position, wait 5 secs to reset, when back to ON, the above sequence follows, over and over.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you.

I've got an HHT RED60, control module is an 8K1-PVI (P/N: 2196-150) and Power Vent PVK-80 that will light.

Startup Sequence:
1. 3 green lights
2. beep
4. In 15 sec turns off
5. three beeps
6. green light flashes

I can turn the switch to OFF position, wait 5 secs to reset, when back to ON, the above sequence follows, over and over.

The module should be flashing an error code that you can reference in the manual. I would guess that it is the vacuum switch on the power vent.

Startup Sequence:
1. 3 green lights
2. beep
4. In 15 sec turns off
5. three beeps
6. green light flashes

The module should be flashing an error code that you can reference in the manual. I would guess that it is the vacuum switch on the power vent.
My bad.. so sorry, typo... [It will NOT light]

When I flip the wall switch to on, I see 3 green light, hear a beep, i then hear fan noise, then, after about 10-15 seconds, the fan sound goes away, i hear 3 beeps and the control module, just keeps blinking green, No red!!!

I never see the spark or pilot light starting.

Last edited:
Actually, there is an error code right now at the very end. 6 red lights and 1 green light.

Strange, after I try it again, it goes back to only blinking green and no red.

Actually, there is an error code right now at the very end. 6 red lights and 1 green light.

Strange, after I try it again, it goes back to only blinking green and no red.
There is a two minute purge where the power vent starts and "proves" that the vent is unobstructed. This is accomplished with a vacuum switch that is wired into the ignition module. If the vacuum switch does not prove itself, the module goes into lockout and the ignition sequence doesn't start.

Is the vacuum switch located inside this unit?

IMG_0122.jpeg

Thank you SO MUCH for the manual. I've read it thoroughly a few times, and the unit containing the vacuum switch looks completely different in the manual, as well as the access panel, from what I have outside on the wall. A few questions, if you don't mind, please.

1. How can find out if the Heat & Glo RED60 is still under warranty?
2. What is the part number for Vacuum Switch?
3. What is the best place to purchase one?

Truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to help me.

Thank you SO MUCH for the manual. I've read it thoroughly a few times, and the unit containing the vacuum switch looks completely different in the manual, as well as the access panel, from what I have outside on the wall. A few questions, if you don't mind, please.

1. How can find out if the Heat & Glo RED60 is still under warranty?
2. What is the part number for Vacuum Switch?
3. What is the best place to purchase one?

Truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to help me.
I have attached the service parts list and here is a link for the pressure switch:
I have attached the owners manual, the warranty information is on page 4

Attachments

• RED60.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 66
  • 2159_981.pdf
    457.7 KB · Views: 72
Sorry for being so silly.... I looked at all the documentation, over and over again and can't find any reference where I would replace the vacuum switch? I am attaching the pictures again, but do not see the access panel that will allow me to find and replace this part.

Sorry..... please help.

IMG_0172.jpeg IMG_0122 (1).jpeg IMG_0120.jpeg