8K1-PVI (2196-150) w/ PVK-80

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Apr 3, 2019
MN
I've got an HHT RED60, control module is an 8K1-PVI (P/N: 2196-150) and Power Vent PVK-80 that will not fire. The module throws a 6 red light LED error code followed by 3 green lights (presumably reset). No sound, no ignition. Scenario aligns with book "Pilot wont light, no noise, no spark" per IntelliFire guides (https://downloads.hearthnhome.com/communications/IPIPlus_TroubleshootingGuide.pdf). Wiring appears sound, continuity tests are passing and the unit fires OK with control module "8K1-50, P/N: 2166-307" which does not enforce PVK-80 vacuum so will not pass. It's my understanding that the PVK-80 is required to confirm a vacuum exists prior to ignition. I'm out of ideas, looking for help! Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you.

Overlooked a simple step during troubleshooting. PVK-80 was wired into AUX-300 module AUX1 port (which permits variable L/M/H fan speed settings), moving it to the AUX2 port (on/off only) resolved the issue. Control module now initiates start-up sequence, PVK-80 runs, negative pressure closes vacuum switch, ignition sequence proceeds successfully.