A few questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mw123

Mar 1, 2015
Kentucky
I have had a pellet stove for 3 years.. its our only heat.. been great.. I got a new kind of pellet called Country Boy white lighting... they are oak.. everytime we light the stove the fire gets huge! The burn pot will totally fill with red burning pellets to the point its pushing them out the front. I have both feeds on 1.. the fire will keep raging and to the point the pellets are burning as they come out of the auger.. its a top feeder amd freaking me out that the fire will go back up into the hopper... I have never had this issue with pellets from tractor supply or lowes.. the guy said these burn hotter but ummm this is crazy... I have to let it burn a bit then turn it off until it dies down some then turn it back on... the smoke is rolling out of the stove pipe which I noticed was alot more then I have ever seen... am I freaking out over nothing and it will be ok or should I worry?

It would be helpful if you would tell us what kind of stove you have (If you put it in your signature, we'll see it on every comment you make), year/make/model. Also, When was it last cleaned, and what is your cleaning routine. Has it ever had a "deep cleaning"? I know you just want an answer, but all these things can help deduce the issue. Every stove is set up differently - some have adjustable dampers, others don't, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.