a page for newbies explaining how to get a good fire going is needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lantland

Oct 7, 2008
Garrison, NY
I think there should be a page for newbies explaining how to get a good fire going, how much wood to use etc.
Examples that I need help with.

keeping a fire going over night.
secondary burn.
How much wood to use for over night burn.
explaining to wife that really was a good way to go.

I'm new to the wood burning stove world and a page explaining the do's and dont's would help me as well as other newbies out there learn how to have that perfect fire run all night long.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Me = T5

lantland said:
I think there should be a page for newbies explaining how to get a good fire going, how much wood to use etc.
Examples that I need help with.

keeping a fire going over night.
secondary burn.
How much wood to use for over night burn.
explaining to wife that really was a good way to go.

I'm new to the wood burning stove world and a page explaining the do's and dont's would help me as well as other newbies out there learn how to have that perfect fire run all night long.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Me = T5
x2

if you do a search for what your looking for 9 out of 10 times youll find it here. recently there was a video posted on building fires very good, i think the topic was "when should i add wood".

Status
Not open for further replies.