A Question About Timberline Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Todd67

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2012
Northern NY
Did Timberline (or anyone else) make any stoves with a back and bottom that we're one long bent piece that extended out to include the ash fender/tray? I have a Fisher 2-door stove like this and I am wondering where this one-piece design idea originated from because it's not the normal Fisher assembly process. On all other known Fisher stoves, the back and bottom are two separate sheets of steel.

Also, did Timberline make any stoves where the ash Fender extended all the way out, to the outside edge of the stove legs like this?
IMG_20181230_052048.jpg
IMG_20181229_193304.jpg

Does a lack of replies mean that no one owns a Timberline stove? Or maybe no one owns a Timberline with a one piece back-bottom-ash fender?

Just wondering if Timberline made stoves like my Fisher Grandpa Bear. I'm sure fabricators were constantly trying to streamline their processes, but this one piece back'bottom'ash fender has everyone baffled as to where it was made. Thanks!

Does a lack of replies mean that no one owns a Timberline stove? Or maybe no one owns a Timberline with a one piece back-bottom-ash fender?

Just wondering if Timberline made stoves like my Fisher Grandpa Bear. I'm sure fabricators were constantly trying to streamline their processes, but this one piece back'bottom'ash fender has everyone baffled as to where it was made. Thanks!
Or no one with a timberline cares enough to check. I have never looked at the bottom of any of my stoves other than when I bolted legs on a couple of them.

Yep, not a big deal though. Doesn't hurt to ask:)

Reactions: Jason721
Yep, not a big deal though. Doesn't hurt to ask:)
No I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with you asking at all. Just not surprised you didn't get a response

Reactions: Todd67
I'm not surprised either. Like you said, most people never look at the bottom of their stoves.