A Small Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HisTreeNut

Minister of Fire
Nov 3, 2014
Burnsville, NC
We got a small score the other day. Some friends of ours had some trees cut down by the power company. They asked us if we wanted the wood. Of course, I said "No, we don't need the wood."....NOT! !!! Our friends delivered the first pickup full the other day [have 4 or 5 more to bring] of what is apparently maple, poplar, & some pine I think. Our friend is cutting the trees into rounds so I just have to split & stack. We will probably have between a cord and a cord & a half of wood when all is said and done [His truck has a hard lock-down cover so he can only bring a single layer at a time].
Will be getting the rest this weekend hopefully. Just need the elbow to heal a tad faster, so I can split all at once...strained it a few weeks back and still hurts a tad...grrrr. If nothing else, I will stack the rounds and cut it later when the elbow is better...
Reading stuff here and chatting with a buddy...I have an idea for an inexpensive "shed" that the Wifey might go for...can't wait. Anyhoo...

Nice, you've got some of the best firewood to burn after it's seasoned - the free kind! ==c

Can't beat that...now I just need the power company to come to my house and cut down the trees over my powerlines... :););):)

Reactions: BigCountryNY
So if I say my fish was about "this big," you wouldn't believe me? :p;):)

Tough crowd here...I will post some pictures when I get the rest.:cool::cool::cool:

Here is what the wifey & kiddos have stacked so far so I would not have to deal with as much of it...fire-starters & smaller rounds. Funny though, they left me the bigger ones...not sure how that happened.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

WP_20150910_23_59_33_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.