a thermos for your home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waynewagner33

Dec 25, 2013
milford pa
Today i was stacking wood when i had this tought i was thinking about storage for a boiler when it came to me storage is nothing more than a thermos. You fill your thermos with coffee in the morning and it stays warm all day when you get cold u take a cup.You continue to do this untill your out and it has kept you warm all day.To me this is the same thing a boiler with stoage tank will do. you make a fire and heat up the water which is like putting coffee in your thermos. As your home gets cold the storage warms it up.Until there is no usable heat left in storage.Justa thought that came to meand thought it might make sense to people who dont understand the concept. I know it would have helped me just a month ago. this now makes so much sense to me as without storage heating your home would be like making a new pot of coffee everytime you were cold and what was left in the pot was poured down the drain. The same as a boiler that is burning when your home is not cold and the fuel is just going out the flue.

Reactions: hobbyheater
Status
Not open for further replies.