? About an older Kodiak stove.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Bright

Nov 28, 2012
Just picked up a used one, top vent, and the pipe collar has no holes to secure the first piece of pipe. The previous owner had just pushed his first piece in and left it at that.
Is this safe, or do I need to drill 2 holes? What be the consensus?

Been lurking here for about 3 months and I have learned a lot already.

Thanks,
Jeff

Just picked up a used one, top vent, and the pipe collar has no holes to secure the first piece of pipe. The previous owner had just pushed his first piece in and left it at that.
Is this safe, or do I need to drill 2 holes? What be the consensus?

Been lurking here for about 3 months and I have learned a lot already.

Thanks,
Jeff
I suggest drilling clearance holes if this is the stove collar you're talking about and secure the pipe with 3 screws minimum.. Posting a pic will help us better understand Jeff and welcome to the forum..

Ray

Thanks Ray. It is the steel collar for the top exhaust welded on the stove itself. BTW, it is an exact clone of a top vent Grandpa bear, except for the door design.

Thanks Ray. It is the steel collar for the top exhaust welded on the stove itself. BTW, it is an exact clone of a top vent Grandpa bear, except for the door design.
Yes there should be clearance holes in the flue collar so you can secure the stove pipe to the stove. All pipe must be secured by no less than 3 screws per section..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.